Whatsapp: Every smartphone users need. It is indeed one of the most used apps of all time. It has announced the status update a few days back, since then the users were eagerly waiting for the same.
Finally the update rolled out two days ago. But the Indian users received the update today. It is a major update from whatsapp owned by Facebook after the video calling integration a few months back .
Let me take you to the details of “Status ” update .
1) How to use it ?
You need to update the app to the latest version to use this feature. If you are a snapchat or instagram user , you might be aware of the snapchat status and instagram stories . It’s exactly the same almost .
Once you have updated the app, you will see that the ” status” update tab before the calls tab.
- Tap on the Status tab.
- Here you will see all the status your contacts have posted and shared with you.
- You can reply to a particular status update by tapping reply seen at the bottom center while viewing the status. The replies are sent as regular chats along with the snapshot of that person’s Status like the replies in whatsapp.
2) How to post your own status update ?
- It will ask to click a picture or shoot a video.
- You can click pictures simply like we do in the camera app
- To shoot a video tap and hold the capture button, it will record a video for you.
- Once you have captured a photo or a video you can type or create some free hand design on the photo or video before posting it .
- Your Status message will automatically expire after 24 hours.
- if you want to delete your Status message, you will have to tap on the 3 dots in front of your Status. In the next Window, long press the Status and select delete (for android users), iOS users can slide left to a particular status message and select delete.
Whatsapp has provided with better privacy options for the status messages .
It gives you three options
- My contacts : it will allow all the contacts saved in your phone-book to view your status
- My contacts except : most of the people will love this option . It will allow all your contact except some of them , whom you don’t want to show your updates .
- Only share with: it will allow you to share your status with selected individuals only . I personally love this one as i have almost 1000 contact in my phone-book. Obviously I don’t like to share my personal with everyone out there
The features that whatsapp should bring in the future versions .
In the current version you can only set privacy for the complete status , there should be option to set different privacy for each individual status .
Personally i am loving it , I think you will also love it too ……..
if i have missed out something please write in the comments section below.